Here are some examples of bird species that start with the letter “M”:
- Mallard – A common dabbling duck that can be found throughout North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Magpie – A large, black and white bird that belongs to the corvid family and found throughout Europe, Asia, and North America.
- Macaw – A large, brightly colored parrot native to Central and South America
- Mountain Bluebird – A small thrush found in western North America, mostly in mountains and foothills
- Mandarin Duck – a small perching duck species found in East Asia.
- Marbled Murrelet – a small seabird of the auk family found along the Pacific coast of North America
- Myna – a common name for several species of birds belonging to the starling family found across tropical Asia and Australasia.
- Mockingbird- A grayish-brown bird found in the southern and central parts of North America
- Black-capped Chickadee – a small, non-migratory bird found in coniferous forests of North America
- Mountain Finch – A group of small, brightly colored passerine birds found in the Himalayas and other mountain ranges of Asia.
As a bird enthusiast, I write to inspire and educate others about the beauty and importance of avian species in our ecosystem. Find me in Twitter